Saturday, March 12, 2011

New York Color Blushable Creme Stick in Big Apple ~ Review

Today's review is on my New york Color Blushable Creme Stick in the shade Big Apple Blush. It's a berry pink cream blush in stick form that comes with a ton of product for hardly anything at most drugstores (in Canada- Rexall, Walmart and some others; in the USA- Target, Walmart, and others I'm sure I'm missing). These blushes are full of pigmentation and come in 6 shades in the permanent range.
Look how much you get!
Although the packaging is cheap plastic, I find it quite sturdy and easy to work with. There is a nice twist-up/down mechanism and a clear top so you can see the shade that matches the outer plastic in colour. I think the packaging is great if you're on the go alot or travelling as the cylinder shape makes it easy to stick in a purse.
Two layers (heavy swatch so you could really see the colour)

Heavy swatch blended out
You only need the smallest dabs on your cheek to get all the colour you'd need. I dab about two half dabs on my cheeks each straight from the stick then blend with my fingers. This blush is really easy to blend and looks like a natural flush on my cheeks. I also adore that these are cream to powder so it never feels sticky or tacky or wet at all. In fact when I wear this, just like my Nars Penny Lane cream blush I can't feel anything on my cheeks throughout the day. This doesn't last as long on as my Nars Penny Lane blush but considering the price and feel it's certainly up to par! This colour does have some shimmer to it but nothing outrageous- I can't see it when I apply it to my cheeks, but I have heard about some of the others shades having a little too much shimmer so something to keep in mind.

Overall I think these Creme Blushsticks are little hidden drugstore gems, and I may have to pick up some more shades. The most popular of the shades is a more yellow-based pink called Plaza Pink but there is also Urban Spice (a bronzer), South Street Seashell (a browned coral shade), Mauvin Uptown (a dirty mauve) and Berry New Yorker (a browned red). I think this colour range is great because it definitely has a couple shades that would work for all skin tones and some that would look best on specific ones too.

Sprite Rating: 8/10- Lost one point for cheapy looking packaging and one for not being long wearing enough to last all day.

Would I buy this again? Yes!!!! I'm already debating another shade! :D

Please Note: New york Color is a Cruelty Free brand, but the company that owns it as far as I can tell is not Cruelty-Free. There are a ton of companies like this out there though, so I take what I can get, especially with large brands such as these.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like this! I want to try it soon!
    XOXO from a new follower,
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I really want to try one of these blushes but I have too many blushes already, it's ridiculous! x

    ReplyDelete