I saw this tag on Jaci Walker's blog and I just had to do it! I love Christmas so I wanted to share with everyone else some of things I do around this time of year!
1. Favourite Christmas movie?
Every year I try to watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the one with real people). I love this movie it makes me so happy! Another one of my favourites is the really old Rudolph movie where he goes to the island of misfit toys.
2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
Considering I don't get up to much while I'm at school probably the nice list, or at least I'd like to think so!
3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo! (We know you have one)
Sorry, no pictures for Christmas cards in this family. I think it's that we always forget until it's way too late lol.
4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Almost every year, I live in Canada and I love having snow until about February than I don't want snow anymore. I do enjoy downhill skiing though.
5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
Well before my Grandparents passed my whole family would have Christmas eve and morning at their respective homes and then travel to my grandparents for a huge get together/feast. We'd then spend about a week with them. Now however we usually have my great uncle down and have a smaller feast and relax at the house.
6. Play or sing your favourite Christmas song!
All I Want for Christmas is You, is one of my favourites, however mostly I enjoy the really traditional songs like God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen, etc.
7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Mostly no, but I can remember one year that we opened one gift Christmas eve.
8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yep lol- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. I'm a little obsessed with the reindeer.
9. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Being all together and eating all the amazing food my mom makes!
10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It's always been fake, plus I don't really like the idea of cutting down a tree for just a month of decoration. Not to mention they're less stable and drop needles everywhere.
11. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
Shortbread cookies, and Curry cauliflower. Strange sounding I know but my Grandmother served it every year at Christmas and it's amazing (which is saying a lot as I don't like cauliflower otherwise.)
12. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I think it depends on the person! Does that sound awful?
13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire (eg: Ugly Sweater)
Awwe I love tacky Christmas sweaters! And Christmas themed pjs. I don't have a pic at the moment but I got this awesome reindeer sleep shirt this year which I am enjoying greatly. :D
14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I like having Christmas at home, but afterwards Costa Rica or South Africa would be awesome to visit! And I'd enjoy visiting St. Lucia again.
15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
I tend to avoid cooking but we often have thimble cookies, shortbread cookies and other various yummy baked goods I help eat.
16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not horrible but I'm not exactly skilled either lol.
17. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Laying under the christmas tree at night looking up at the lights and ornaments.
18. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I heard something somewhere about the Easter Bunny not being real and asked about Santa. I cried.
19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
No, because I don't stick to them.
20. What makes the Holidays special for you?
The feeling of happiness/oneness with my family. The decorations, the food and gifts come next though.