Friday, April 20, 2012

Venomous Cosmetics Dr. Suess Collection swatches

I know it has been a long time and I apologize for that but sometimes real life takes over and demands attention. Here is a recent order I made to Venomous Cosmetics. Tracy the owner is such a pleasure to work with when I asked her about possibly getting one of her limited edition shades she wasn't selling anymore. It's Wilted Roses a gorgeous darkened red with blue shimmer. I tried to press it but something went wrong and it isn't working quite right so I'm glad that I still have half a jar of it loose.
T-B: Wilted Roses loose, Wilted Roses pressed, Solar Flare, Buttered Battle 
T-B: Wilted Roses pressed and loose

 Now up to the Dr. Suess collection. I loved Dr. Suess as a child, such a talented author. Here is what I got.
Truffula Tuft Lip Poison (gloss)
Truffula Tuft is a lovely spring shade, slightly coral-pink and neutral enough for most looks. Love the formula as normal.

T-B: Pair of Pale Green Pants with Nobody Inside 'Em, Solar Flare, Buttered Battle, Sea Krait

T-B: Buttered Battle, Sea Krait, Supernova

T-B: Wilted Roses (pressed), Wilted Roses (loose), Song of the Swomee Swans (loose), Pair of Pale Green Pants With Nobody Inside 'Em (loose)
So the colours didn't seem to like my camera much. The base of Wilted Roses came out right but there is a whole bunch of turquoise shimmer at least in the loose version.
Song of the Swomee Swans is slightly more purple than it is here.
Pair of Pale Green Pants With Nobody Inside 'Em has the shimmer right but is more of a mint shade.
Sea Krait is part of the main line and is brighter in real life but Supernova is about right (also part of the main line).
Solar Flare, and Buttered Battle actually came out true to colour. As did Trufulla Tuft.

So sorry on the fail in colours here, I tried, I really did. I am really glad I got Buttered Battle eyeshadow and Trufulla Tuft lip gloss, as well as Wilted Roses eyeshadow as it's so unique.

Hopefully this will at least give you a sense of the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment