Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Avene's Clean-Ac Moisturizer~ Review



Avene is a skincare brand that I tend to go back to again and again but frequently forget to talk about. This product in particular is actually one of the best ones in my skin-care essentials and I can't believe I haven't blogged about it before.

Avene is a brand that uses spring water from a special healing spring in France in all of their products as well as solid dermatological formulations. I'm not so sure about all the water's healing properties myself but I have had success with their products.

Clean-Ac is a thick white moisturizer that smells lightly of cucumber, designed for red, irritated or acne prone skin. This is perfect if you are using an acne fighting system that is drying to your skin but you still have acne.

A little too thick for day, I prefer to use this at night as it's soothing, very moisturizing and I've always noticed a decrease in overall redness and acne appearance by the next morning. It also reduces the flakiness that can come with the harsh systems to fight acne.

I don't recommend this for daytime though as it doesn't have an SPF or sunscreen component (which is important for keeping skin healthy and youthful) plus it can feel a bit greasy after about 3-4 hours. I much prefer to slather on at night and cleanse off in the morning.

Priced around $18-$20 dollars it is on the pricy side, but you don't have to use much due to the thickness of the product.

Overall, it's a moisturizer but a very good one that calms the skin as well as it's hydrating properties. A bit on the expensive side but worth it, even if you only use it occasionally for agitated or reddened skin.

Sprite Rating: 9/10 (lost half a point for price and half a point for greasiness if used during day time that can occur after a few hours).

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact I'm almost through my second bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment