Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge- Polish Colour of your Dreams



From RBL Blog
For those of you who don't know yet, Rescue Beauty Lounge owner Ji is hosting a contest where 3 lucky people will get to have their dream polish colour created into a Rescue Beauty Lounge polish! How cool is that?! You can check out the blog here, it has all the details but the contest is only open for 48 hours, starting noon today! I've submitted my entry and though it is unlikely I will win I'd sure like to! Here's the image I chose to show my inspiration:
Mike Blair Photography
His Website here
For those of you who don't know, these are the Callanish Standing Stones. Over 5000 years old these are on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. One of the most amazing places on Earth in my opinion. Here's my description for my entry, tell me what you think! Would it be a colour you'd wear? What types of colours would you choose if you got to pick any colour in the world for a polish?

My perfect nail colour is taken right from the Hebrides of Scotland the Callanish Standing stones. I would love a colour that is mainly a light grey like the stones themselves but has a reflect of mossy green like the grass that grows beneath the stones and the moss that grows on them. Slight flecks of purple like the heather that grows nearby and the variance in the rocks themselves would be the finishing touch. A colour that would truly reflect one of the most amazing places I've ever been.



In other news, I apologize for being AWOL. I've been really ill and my new semester at school has started leading me to the land of stress and doom. Hopefully I'll be back in full blogging action again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hi I just tagged you for the Stylish Blogger Award. http://www.varnishvixen.com/2011/01/ive-been-tagged-for-stylish-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description! Sounds mystical and romantic and most definitely a colour I'd wear! I'm a huge fan of greys and the way you described it, I don't see why you wouldn't be chosen....good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I tagged you with the Stylish Blogger Award :)

    http://acetonenailblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-tag-stylish-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete