Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Urban Decay Desperation 24/7 Glide-on Pencil



I've neglected you my blog followers and for that I am sorry. I'm hoping the muse for blogging will be returning now that some more awesome products have crossed my radar. *fingerscrossed*

One of these excellent products is my new Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner pencil in the shade Desperation.  I've been searching for a lightish grey eyeliner pencil for years it feels like and this fits the bill. It's not so light it looks strange but it's not so dark that it looks super harsh on my pale skin like most grey or charcoal pencils look, let alone black. It's a colour I can wear during the day that gives a smokey look but doesn't seem out of place like I'm going to a night club.






It glides on super easily and though it doesn't go on full pigmentation in the first swipe I like that I can have it a bit softer if I want but can easily build it to full in one other swipe. The grey of this is also very neutrally based, meaning it leans neither brown nor blue. I prefer that too as too blue based and it looks blue and makes my eyes look brown and too brown based and I no longer like the colour. So win-win for my pickiness.

The price is a bit of a down-side as Urban Decay is quite expensive in my humble opinion at $20 USD or the even steeper $23 CND not including 13% sales tax (bleh Canadian price schemes). You only get 0.04 oz but it is a beautiful pencil- and I've yet to actually finish an eye pencil so I guess that says something.

The only thing I really dislike about this is the fact it isn't a twist up. I hate having to sharpen eye-pencils ending with wasted product. Other than that though I am so glad I bought this. A neutral staple in my stash.

Rating: 8.5/10 Could be a twist-up, better pigmented and better priced but a good solid product with excellent consistency.

Would I purchase it again? Yes. I can see myself using this a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment