Saturday, May 16, 2020

Pure Anada Natural Mascara Review


Today I'm reviewing a natural Canadian brand called Pure Anada. I was in the market for a new mascara and honestly I didn't have high hopes. I used to love the blinc tubing mascara but when I noticed it had plastic in the formula I felt like I had to make a change. I just couldn't get over the fact that every time I washed my mascara off the little plastic tubes went down the drain and added to our global micro-plastics problem. The plastics don't break down over time and as someone who truly believes we need to be restoring as many of our natural spaces as possible I felt guilty every time I put on mascara.

However, there was a reason as to why I used tubing mascara in the past. It's easy to remove, doesn't flake or smudge, and it doesn't create racoon eyes when I cry or rub my eyes due to allergies. All these things I wanted in a mascara going forward.

On a whim I decided to try Pure Anada's natural mascara. This is a vegan formula and I really like the ingredients of this (no plastics!). I thought I'd therefore give it a shot as it's only $14 CND for 9 grams- a significant drop from my previous mascara. They even have a sample size of 4 grams in a half-sized tube through their website for $7 CND.

Here is a list of the ingredients: Aqua, CI 77499, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myrica Pubescens (Bayberry) Fruit Wax, Pullulan, Glyceryl Caprylate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Xanthan Gum, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Galactoarabinan




Pure Anada's natural mascara comes in two shades Black and Brown and only the one formula. I purchased the black and it comes in a nice heavy black tube. Upon testing and continued use I am still frankly blown away by how good this mascara is.

This formula doesn't smudge on me, it doesn't leave raccoon eyes, and it flakes very minimally (even my beloved tubing mascara flaked a bit on me- I have allergies and so I'm always touching my eyes). This washes off really easily too.

I also find the formula of the mascara to be both slightly volumizing and lengthening. I've shown below myself with firstly no mascara, mascara on one eye and not the other and finally on both eyes so you can really see the effect the Pure Anada Natural Mascara gives. I love that it creates a natural but still amplified look to the eyes. Perfect for everyday and someone who doesn't want the fake lashes look.

Wearing no mascara
Wearing no mascara on the left eye and Pure Anada mascara on the right eye
Wearing Pure Anada Mascara on both eyes
The only problem I have with the mascara is actually the wand. It has an odd curve to it that I find difficult to use that also brings up too much product. It's not too much of an issue but I often struggle to get the wand to the inner corner of my eyelashes without hitting the brush against my eyelid.



I only ever have the patience for a single coat of mascara so I'm not sure how this would perform with multiple coats, however the Pure Anada website says that layering coats is possible. They also state that this is pH balanced for eyes and won't cause a burning nor stinging sensation even for those of us with sensitive eyes. Additionally it is described as water resistant which I would say is true as I do have watery eyes and this mascara doesn't come off until I gently cleanse it off at the end of the day. No major rubbing or harsh cleansers needed!

Overall, I'm really pleased with this find. I lucked out and found it at a Sobey's that had a natural cosmetics and medicinal section. However, their shipping through the Pure Anada website is reasonable too. 

Sprite Rating: 9/10 
I wish the overall packaging itself was easier to recycle and that there was a slightly different wand but other than that this mascara rocks!

What mascara are you using at the moment? Have you tried the brand Pure Anada?

No comments:

Post a Comment