Thursday, May 7, 2020

Paula's Choice Clear Acne Body Spray Review


I have struggled with acne since I was twelve and it's not gone away pretty much since. My face is rarely clear and in fact my back was so bad that I can't remember it being clear entirely since entering my teens. And I have tried a lot of different options to control my acne. Birth control pills, adjusting my diet, antibiotics, creams and cleansers and a chemical peel even (on my face for that one- and no it didn't work and I was in itchy/stingy miserableness for days). So when I can say a product has actually helped clear up my acne- and in fact has entirely cleared up my back acne- I am talking about a true miracle. Like if you told me beforehand that this product would have that good of an effect, I wouldn't believe you (don't get me wrong, I'd try it as I am always on the search for that one thing that will make a huge difference, but I have learned from constant disappointment that nothing really has lived up to it's claims).

I can officially say this has made a HUGE difference.

I may still get the occasional pimple on my back but it's actually clear most of the time. I am officially excited for bathing suit season so I won't be embarrassed while wearing my swim suit and showing off my back. And I am still in shock for just how well this has worked.

But let's go back to the basics of what this product actually is first. Paula's Choice Clear Acne Body Spray is exactly what is says- a light spray in a pretty turquoise bottle that helps clear acne from harder to reach places on the body. It's a powerful formula with the main ingredient being Salicylic acid, which is the ingredient that actually helps fight the acne. However, it also has Hyaluronic acid and Allantoin to help moisturize and sooth as well, two ingredients in skin care that always make me sit up and pay a little more attention, as I find they actually make a difference in my skin.


What is also great about this is the packaging. It makes this product so easy to use. The spray is a fine mist, and you can literally spray the product upside-down, at an angle, etc. I only need about two-three sprays to cover my back (I tend to try and angle the spray onto my back as much as possible and then take a step backwards to sort of catch any spray still in the air on my skin more). It doesn't have a smell that I've noticed but it's going on my back and I've not smelt it really close-up either, however I don't think it would be an issue for people sensitive to smells and it doesn't have any fragrance to it either which is a plus. Even better it doesn't stain my clothes and it soaks in really quickly. Plus the cap on the spray is actually sturdy it's not going to crack and break or fall off if you throw it into you bag to travel with it.

The only small downside I can say is that sometimes it can feel ever-so-slightly tacky on my back, but that isn't all the time. It may be just when I've sprayed it a couple days in a row and not had time to shower so it's built up a bit but I'm not entirely sure and honestly it is so minor I don't even care. It's not like it is causing my shirt to stick to my back or anything drastic just that if I scratch my back I can feel it slightly on my fingers afterwards. It is a slight negative though so I wanted to mention it. They also say not to spray or use this on your face. I'm not sure why not but I've not taken a chance on this and I don't recommend going against the company's recommendation either.


The best thing though? This started to work quickly, without drying my back out either. It wasn't even a full month of spraying it on my back at night before I saw a major improvement with no irritation at all- not even the drying you normally see with acne products. I saw so much improvement I even pulled my shirt up and showed off my clear back skin to my mother, exclaiming like a child to look and see. I am so impressed by this and honestly I don't ever want to be without this product again.

Paula's Choice is a cruelty-free company (I only use cruelty-free products) and this retails for $25 for 4 oz of product. They often have deals though (especially through Facebook for some reason) that will give you a percentage off with free shipping. These change up fairly often so definitely keep that in mind. Plus they have a Canadian option which is great for those of us who live up here and significantly decreases shipping price and time.

You can check out this product here: Clear Acne Body Spray by Paula's Choice. Also don't forget E-Bates/ Rakuten (they currently have a 15% cash back for the American Paula's Choice website which is fantastic, especially if you can get the coupon through facebook).

Would I buy this again? YES!

Sprite Rating: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment