Thursday, July 28, 2011

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer Review

Face Concealer by Make Up For Ever at ShopStyle

Though I don't have a full tube of this product I have been using a sample of it from Sephora for a little under a year now. Make Up For Ever is a brand that is big on making products for High Definition video and this is one of those. Full Cover is supposed to be waterproof as well as being highly pigmented.
Dab of Full Cover Concealer #2
Full Cover Concealer #2 blended

Personally I do like this concealer. I like that it's a very thick cream consistency that even when heavily blended doesn't lose all of it's pigmentation. It doesn't lose it's creaminess over time either which is a bonus. I also really like the fact that MUFE has made it buildable and that it works well under other make-up. I'm also fond of the fact that you hardly need any to get the coverage you desire. I find that this is the best concealer that I've found to date for covering pimples as it tends to stay were you place it and blend well while retaining colour, unlike creamier options (such as TheBalm TimeBalm concealer which I prefer for under-eyes). I've not had any acne issues from this concealer either which is always good too.

There are a couple of issues with this concealer though. It really needs a primer or moisturizer underneath it as I find it sinks into pores without one. Also although it is buildable it tends to look cakey rather quickly if you apply too much finishing powder. It's much too heavy and almost inflexible for the under-eye area in my opinion sinking into fine lines there very quickly. In addition to this it doesn't last all day on me, I wish it was longer lasting though I do get decent wear out of it. 

The price of this is very steep for a relatively small amount of product which also is a shame. If you can try to get a large sample like mine to give it a thorough run-through and see if it's worth the hefty price tag for you. It costs $30 USD or $36 CND for 0.5 oz of product. 

Sprite Rating: 6/10
Overall, although this concealer is a good one- one of the best I've been able to find I think it can still be improved. The wear, the price and the cakiness are all issues that I'd rather not have to deal with. However, it doesn't break me out and it is the best coverage concealer I've found to date that will actually stay on my pimples and conceal adequately. 

Would I buy this? I might. It's better than anything else I've tried and the amount it conceals is great. Really depends on how desperate I am for concealer and whether or not I can get this on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment