Friday, August 6, 2010

Review: Autumn Leaves Blush in Berry from The Body Shop

Autumn Leaves Blush in Berry
So, I don't think these are out yet, when I went into the shop they had them in the back, but let me buy one as I told them I saw them out online (well I heard they were supposed to be out online by now.... but I got to buy one!)
I got to swatch both in store and my gosh these are beautiful in real life! Each colour is rich (and NOT overspray! Yay!) and have a shimmer that makes them look lit from within. Although they at first appear to be shimmer crazy and frost-mania but blended, these are really quite beautiful, especially for fall. The berry shade is warm but I think it has enough coolness to it to really look good on cool skin tones as well. The warmer almost bronze chestnut is also stunning really lovely copper colour and I honestly wanted it too, but one I don't wear bronzer, and two that would have been another $21 USD. It would have gone well with my hair too (lol, yes I'm a little obsessed with these I like them so much!) In total you get 9 grams or 0.3 oz. I think this is such a unique colour for fall and a nice addition to any collection. Here are some more pictures.
Up Close
Each colour can be used as an eyeshadow too. There is a white gold, a coppery-brown, a dark cranberry and the base colour a rose pink. Here are the swatches.
From left to right: Copper-brown, White gold, Cranberry, Rose, and Mixed together

Cool light again, but a slightly different angle
Warm light, these are the closest to reality :D
The only thing I have to say is that I won't be able to wear this daily as it has Dimethicone (a Silicone) in it, and some seed oils. Both would be for moisturizing the skin but both for me can cause acne. Also try not to drop it, I did and a part of the powder broke off the bottom (not much, but a bit).

Overall, I definitely recommend popping into The Body Shop (convincing the SA's to check out the back) and taking a look-see. A beautiful powder that reminds me of a Mac MSF in colouration.

Rating: 9/10

One last thing: If you sign The Body Shop Petition to stop sex trafficking of children and young people, they'll give you a sticker with a $5 off backing on a $25 purchase. This is only available in store though between August 2010, to December 31st, 2010. 


1 comment: