Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Super quick Eye of the Day



I got inspired this morning by a baby blue shirt I pulled on and so here is my first Eye of the Day post. It looked better when I first did it, but I kept getting side-tracked and therefore its been a couple hours. Anyways, I hope you can still appreciate the idea of it- it's blue still yes, but it's a wearable blue look I think. It's not vivid and it's not going to make you look like a child (at least I don't think it does, just someone with a love of colour!)
Here I used Fyrinnae's shadow in Otherworldly (click here for a swatch of Otherworldly and information on the company Fyrinnae!) all over the lid, I also pulled this down into my tear-duct area and along my lower lash line to make my eyes look more awake and bigger.
I used Barry M's Dazzle dust in number 78 in the crease (starting from the outside of the eye and bringing it 3/4ths of the way toward the tear duct). Both were over pixie epoxy and if I wanted them to last a full day I would have used Too Faced Shadow Insurance as well. If I did this again I'd probably include a matte highlight colour in a soft grey or just a light nude to match/even-out my skintone.

All in all I like the look because it's colourful, but not super in your face, or flashy. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment