Friday, July 16, 2010

Face of the Night

Last night I attended the Medieval Times dinner show in Toronto, which is always fun to attend. However, the real point of this post is the makeup I did with this dress which appears black in the picture but is actually dark green with gold details based off a 14th century design. 

This is a full face shot at the end of the night so my lipstick had worn off (a dark wine red) but you can get the general idea.

What Products I used:

Face->
Lorac Aquaprime Foundation Primer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation Intensity 1.0
Mac Prep and Prime translucent powder
Mac Angel Blush
Too Faced By Candlelight Face Powder
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer 1
Clinique Clarifying Solutions Concealer

Lips->
Revlon Twice Bitten Lip Stain in Twilight with Balm (Deep ruby red)

Eyes->
Mac Greenstroke Paint Pot
Mac Fluidline in Rich Ground
Mac eyeshadow in Vex
Mac Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20
Clinique Lash Power Mascara

Brushes->
Ecotools mini Kabuki
Ecotools mini crease blender brush
Quo angled liner brush
Ecotools Mini Blush brush
Quo angled blush brush

Face
After applying my acne treatment and a moisturizer, I used a foundation paddle brush and spread Lorac's Aquaprime all over my face in a thin even layer (excluding lips and eye area). After waiting for it to dry I then took the same brush and evened my skin out with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I like to apply foundation before concealer because I feel that you use less product over all as you only need to cover the marks that the foundation doesn't. I then took my ring finger and patted Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer into my under eye circles and blended it out into the surrounding skin. I then took my Clinique Clarifying concealer and covered any other spots showing through. 
Next using my Ecotools mini Kabuki brush I took Mac's Prep and Prime translucent powder and set everything on my face with it. I also swept it lightly over my eyelids as well. Using a blush brush I then lightly dusted on Mac's Angel blush along my cheek bones and apples of my cheeks (this is just a light baby pink coloured blush that is matte and easy to make look like a natural flush). Then using a flatter blush brush I took Too Faced's By Candlelight face powder and went over the blush on my cheek bones to very very subtly add a highlight. 

Eyes
I started this look by applying a wash of Revlon's Matte Vintage Lace eyeshadow all over the lid and up to the brow bone to even out the discolouration on my lids. I then took Mac's Rich Ground Fluidline and lined the entirety of my upper lash line and the outer quarter of my bottom lashes to bring out my eyes. I then took the liner and put it along the outer three quarters of my waterline. I finished lining with Mac's NC15/NW20 chromographic pencil on the remainder of my waterline and underneath the liner on my lower lashes blended in to match the skin to create a very subtle brightening effect.
After lining, I took Mac's Greenstroke paint pot and using my finger lightly blended it all over my lid from the edge of the liner into the crease.  Then using Mac's Vex eyeshadow and a soft fluffy blending brush I lightly applied Vex starting from the tear duct up and around Greenstroke to the brow and over the crease.  I then finished off the look by brushing on a coat of Clinique's Lash Power Mascara (a tubing Mascara that comes off in tubes and actually keeps my mascara from smudging and flaking).

I then finished off the outfit by wearing dangling celtic earrings (not pictured sorry they were heavy so I took them off) and a necklace by the jewelry designer the Knotty Magpie (who's work is available in the Royal Ontario Museum).

Here's the whole look (minus the lips again I'm sorry!)
Hope you liked it! Tell me what you think or if you'd wear the makeup in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment