Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stila Lip & Cheek Stain Swatches

Lip Stain by Stila at ShopStyle
I've always been interested in the Stila Lip & Cheek Stains but they've always seemed on the expensive side to me so I've never actually taken the plunge to buy one. However, having swatched them a few times, I thought that taking some photos for anyone else interested out there might be a good idea.
Stila Lip & Cheek Stains L-R: Pomegranate Crush, Cherry Crush, Acai Crush, Mango Crush, Raspberry Crush, Yumberry Crush and Coconut Crush
T: Pomegranate Crush
B, L-R: Cherry Crush, Acai Crush, Mango Crush, Raspberry Crush, Yumberry Crush, Coconut Crush
T: Pomegranate Crush
B, L-R: Cherry Crush, Acai Crush, Mango Crush, Raspberry Crush, Yumberry Crush, Coconut Crush
These stains really need to dry fully before their resistance sets in but the darker the colour the better the stain. I let them dry for a minute or so and then went over my hand with a cotton pad filled with make-up remover, here's how they held up.
As you can see Acai Crush held up the best by far. Coconut Crush held up the least. The second best was Raspberry, then Yumberry, Mango, Pomegranate and Cherry. I was disappointed by the lack of power coconut had as that was the one I was leaning towards buying due to the lovely shimmer it has. Not anymore!

What about everyone else, have you tried the Stila Lip & cheek stains? How do they hold up for you?

3 comments:

  1. I've just bought raspberry crush lipstain and I love it! I love how very pigmented it is and how it stays put even after I've eaten and taken a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the mango one, and usually am eating, drinking, and wiping my face pretty much all the time. The color will last around 4-5 hours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a horrible feeling that Raspberry's been discontinued, but maybe I can find it somewhere, because I *need* it in my life!

    ReplyDelete