This is a really simple look I did the other day for classes. I think it gives a bit of personality without being overdone, and it's certainly work and uni appropriate. It also gives a nice flair of fall (yay! I love fall, it is by far my favourite season!)
|Close up so you can see the blush and eye better.|
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation Intensity 01
- NARS Face primer (the last remnants of my sample, so I didn't get full coverage)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Revlon Vintage Lace (matte) eyeshadow
- Stila Eden Eyeshadow (matte)
- Clinique Lash Pwer Mascara in Black
- The Body Shop Autumn Leaves Blush in Berry (metallic finish- highly pigmented so use sparingly!)
- Mac Lipstain Marker in A Classic
- Quo Eiffel tower lipgloss in Burgundy
- Laura Mercier undercover concealer # 2
- Mac Prep and Prime Finishing Powder
The idea was to have bright light neutral eyes that look awake without attracting attention. The blush I focused on being there ever so slightly (like you've been out in a crisp fall air), which works well with this particular blush from The Body Shop as it has an almost frost finish so it highlights the cheek bones as well. The red lips I put a stain beneath and a gloss on top in near shades of red (less work over time for me!) in a matching colour to my shirt. I love this gloss by Quo as it is the colour of a ruby on, really wonderful rich jewel tone. A very very similar colour that's out right now is the Art of Darkness Hermetic gloss by Illamasqua.
What do you think? Would you wear a similar look out and about? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. If you'd like to have an e-mail update option added to Hebridean Sprite Beauty please post so in the comments, or send me an e-mail. *hugs*