Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Haus Of Gloi Autumn 2011

All images in this post are from the Haus of Gloi website
Today, Haus of Gloi released their Autumn collection at 9:00 PST or 12:00 EST. Having heard such wonderful things about them, most especially their autumn collection I made my first order. I had heard of them off and on in the past but being highly wary of scents (most standard perfumes cause me bad headaches) I decided to pass.

However, I recently won Product Pixie's giveaway and in it she included not only a ton of other awesome prizes but 2 of them were Haus of Gloi and I fell in love. One was a sample of Depravity Perfume oil, a really awesome scent. It starts out berry and smoky and then over time become insense and clove to eventually die down to a sweet powdery smell. Plus no headaches! You can really tell there isn't any alcohol or cheap things in these!

I've really enjoyed it so far, especially at night time. The other was a sample tub of their bubbling scrub in Apocrathy. It's more of an herbal scent, which I like but don't like as much as Depravity. I haven't tried it yet in the shower but when I do I'll let you know. As a major plus the entire company is vegan, even their honey fragrances (they use a synthetic that smells like honey but isn't from animals).

So onto the Autumn release which is Haus of Gloi's most famous seasonal collection. The Sold Out items are the ones that are already sold out (despite this being only 2 hours after the autumn collection was released!)

There are six sections in the Autumn release: Perfume Oils, Candy Bowl, Bubbling Scrubs, Pumpkin Butter, Emulsifying Scrub, and Handmade Soap.

The Perfume Oils include-
3 different Sampler Packs (varying prices $12.50- $9.00)

Ceremony: Dusty beeswax candles, frankincense, myrrh, mastic, spikenard, pale honey, a pinch of tobacco, and faded musk. $17 USD

Hex: You've been bewitched! Brackish amber, aged vanilla bean and three dark fruits, veiled in darkness and otherworldly secrecy. $15 USD

Saft Ernte: A merry drink of harvest and glowing with warmth: Peach juice simmering with sweet spices, pumpkin, silken hazelnut cream, and made completely curious with a drop of orange blossom water. $15 USD

Samhain: Freshly turned earth, wet leaves, and a cool spectre ridden wind! $15 USD

Pumpkin Queen: Gentle hay pillows, pumpkin, ripe peaches dusted with clove and nutmeg, dried summer herbs, and lastly, a lovely crown of amber. $17 USD

Queen Mother (Sold Out): Last years Pumpkin Queen oil with 5 year aged patchouli, jasmine essence, and the blackest vetiver, co-distilled with honeysuckle blossom. $17 USD

Pumpkin Eater: Cream, glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla bean, and the tiniest touch of nutmeg butter.
$15 USD

Olde Cider Haus: Old oak, sweet drying hay fields, crushed apple pulp, and vanilla bean husks.
$15 USD

Ghost Puffs: Buttery popcorn and gooey marshmallow orbs presented on a wooden stick. $15 USD

Hedonic: Black fig, golden honey, saffron threads, and Indian agar musk. $17 USD

Red Roan: Fresh strawberry flecked porridge with maple syrup and adulterated with a splash of white cognac. $15 USD.

Bubbling Scrubs cost $4.50 for small and $10 for large; include-

Pixie Sorcerer: They look cute but beware! Deceptive pomegranate candy floss, beneath a spiteful blend of coffee co2, vetiver and myrrh.

Pumpkin Queen: Same as Pumpkin Queen scent above
Saft Ernte: Same as Saft Ernte above
Samhain: Same as Samhain above

Pumpkin Butters (thick moisturizers) cost $4.50 for small and $10 for large; include the scents-

Ghost Puffs: Same as above
Olde Cider Haus: Same as above
Pixie Sorcerer: Same as above
Pumpkin Eater: Same as above
Samhain: Same as above
Pumpkin Queen: Same as above
Saft Ernte: Same as above

Emulsifying Scrubs (Sugar Exfoliants), cost $11; Include the scents-

Pixie Sorcerer: Same as above
Pumpkin Queen: Same as above
Saft Ernte: Same as above
Samhain: Same as above


Handmade Soaps cost $6.75; include the scents-
Olde Cider Haus- Same scent as Olde Cider Haus scent above
Pumpkin Queen- Same scent as Pumpkin Queen above (but isn't the soap awesome and totally something you'd associate with a pumpkin queen?)
Samhain- Same scent as Samhain above. (Also love the design and dried leaf bits for Samhain soap too!)

Candy Bowl (Perfume Oils) include (@ $12 USD each)-

Banana Taffy: Yellow taffy with a mildly artificial banana flavor.

Blood Orange Marshmallow (Sold Out): Rich blood orange and fluffy white marshmallows.

Candy Corn: Simple but irresistibly sweet and delicious candy corn.

Caramel Apple Pop (Sold Out): Sweet warm caramel and tart apple.

Coconut Bon Bon: White Chocolate with coconut flakes.

Lemon Drops: Bright Californian Lemon and pure cane sugar. Yum!

Licorice Chew: A warm caramel flavored with anise seed.

Peaches & Cream Gumball: Peaches and Cream. (I really should have ordered this, I love peaches!)

Pumpkin Cake Pops (Sold Out): Just that, lightly spiced pumpkin cake with frosting!

Salty Caramel: Caramel flecked with coarse sea salt. (I almost ordered this! Yum!)

Vanilla Taffy: Simple taffy, vanilla flavored!

And I bought (blowing my budget to smithereens):
- Full Size Saft Ernte Perfume Oil
- Perfume Oil Sampler Pack 1 (Includes Red Roan, Hex, Samhain, Pumpkin Queen, and Saft Ernte sample vials)
- Full Size Olde Cider Haus Perfume Oil
- Depravity Body Emulsion sample size (light moisturizer)
- Full Size White Raspberry Perfume Oil
- Sample size Imp Perfume Oil

Way more than I planned to spend but I'm so excited! I can't wait till I receive my order! (Full review then!) You can view the Haus of Gloi website here!

6 comments:

  1. I've been into indie perfumes for quite a few years now because my hubby can't handle regular perfume, and I love it. So I started experimenting with perfume oil, which doesn't bother him - and I fell in love. I started using indie soap companies as well! Haus of Gloi is a favorite of mine.
    I'm drooling over the fall offering and the things you picked out! I've tried Depravity before and it's an amazing scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nicole- I honestly had just about given up on perfume. After years of perfume induced headaches and other more mild allergic reactions to say I was wary would be an understatement. I'm just so glad I found out about the Haus of Gloi! I really love Depravity so I'm really excited. Plus the fall offerings are scrumptious sounding! Thanks so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered 3 bubbling scrubs (pumpkin queen, saft ernte and pixie sorcerer) and 3 pumpkin butters (olde cider haus, ghost puffs and pumpkin eater). I like to think of myself as a HoG expert, so if you ever need scent recs just tweet me @6ftinheels !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Alex Kay- OOhh! I was tempted to order both bubbling scrubs and pumpkin butters but having not tried them I stuck to mainly perfume oils. Next time! Yay an expert! I may have to take you up on those recs sometime! Thanks so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just placed my first order with House Of Gloi yesterday. So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its Apothecary.... not Apocrathy... just letting ya know LOL. Nice to see another person from Ontario Supporting Gloi. you'll be addicted soon enough!

    ReplyDelete