Thursday, August 4, 2011

New York Color Limited Edition Bronze Bliss Summer Blushable Cream Sticks~ Swatches and Review

Radiant Bronze and Gold Radiance
This summer New York Color (NYC) released a golden-goddess-esque collection named Bronze Bliss. In the collection was two Blushable Cream Sticks which was really exciting for me as I love their regular line Blushable Cream Sticks (you can read my review on Big Apple Blush here). The two shades in the collection were Radiant Bronze and Radiant Gold. Here is an unblended swatch of each.
T-B (Shade): One light swipe of Radiant Bronze, Three swipes of Radiant Gold
T-B (Sun): One light swipe of Radiant Bronze, Three swipes of Radiant Gold
I'm going to start with Radiant Bronze. This shade is perfection. Super pigmented and creamy this applies almost in excess. You'll need a light hand otherwise you'll overdo it. The colour itself is warm and rich with a very very fine gold shimmer throughout. When blended the shimmer is barely noticeable giving a lit from within look. It's lasting power is decent about three hours depending on how heavily you blend the product out. Plus as with all the Blushable Cream Sticks it dries to a powder finish. Unfortunetly the good ends here however. I gave mine to my friend because on me this just ended up looking like a bruise, the beginnings of a rash, or dirt. I've never had any luck with bronzers though so I don't blame the product itself. My friend has quite a yellow undertone to her skin and it really looks awesome on her. Perfect exotic beach dweller effect.
Shade- Radiant Bronze Blended (on N10 skin)
Next is Gold Radiance a white to light gold sparkle highlighter shade. This was the one I was most excited about, but to be honest it kind of let me down. In the tube it looks like it has a white-gold base with fine gold shimmer bits throughout but on the skin it ends up being clear (or near clear) with the gold bits instead. It's still pretty and I like using it along my cheek bones, but due to the translucent base it requires multiple layers to show up adequately (as seen below in the blended swatch). Another slight issue is that this one has a hint of a greasy feel to it not really drying down as quickly or fully to the lovely powder finish the other Blushable Cream Sticks have. It also doesn't have great staying power lasting around 4 hours maximum. I still like the product, the fine gold bits are really subtle and pretty but I was hoping for more.
I got these from Rite Aid for $4.99 USD each (I'm visiting the USA at the moment). They are also quite large holding a huge 8 grams of product. They are limited edition for this summer and can be found in a display.
Gold Radiance in the tube
Radiant Bronze in the tube partially spun up
Sprite Rating: Gold- 5/10, Bronze 7/10

Would I buy these again? If I had a darker and/or warmer skin-tone that actually cooperated with bronzers I would buy the Radiant Bronze one again. The Radiant Gold I probably wouldn't purchase a second time though. I like it and I'll use it but I was hoping for more and it doesn't last all that long for a very subtle gold glinty effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment