Monday, August 29, 2011

Blogger Love! Nightly Nails


Today's Blogger Love! interview is with the awesome Nightly Nails blogger Nicole. If you haven't checked her out you should! She's a wonderfully sweet woman who's blog has a really neat theme. As a person who also has a tendency to doing my nails at night I agree wholeheartedly with it! Plus her logo is adorable isn't it? Her pictures are always really clear and she has a very comfortable writing style that sucks you in and makes her approachable. Anyways enough of my rambling here are her answers!
Nicole from Nightly Nails

1)  Are you more of a Morning, Day, or Night time person?
Night, definitely.
2)   Something you struggle with on a day to day basis?
Getting enough sleep! I think that I require more than the average person.
3)   Favourite Animal?
Hippos.
4)   Favourite Colour?
Green!
5)   Preferred foundation coverage and finish ex. Heavy coverage, matte
Medium to light coverage, matte.
6)   How old are you?
39
7)   What do you do in everyday life? If you’re a student what is your major?
I drive a taxi.
8)  First makeup brand that really got you interested in cosmetics/ nail polish?
Ooh, that was a while ago. As a teenager there wasn't much I had access to, so definitely Wet N Wild.
9)  Do you have any makeup, nail polish or skin care items that are perfect for you? (HG items) If so which- include shade names please.
Urban Decay Primer Potion, Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation in Frisky Mau. It's the only foundation I've ever found that's the perfect match for my skintone!
10) What is your favourite food? Drink?
Macaroni and cheese, and pepsi.
11) Favourite Gem Stone?
Turquoise.
12) Do you have any pets in your life? If yes, what are their names (and can we have pictures?)
Nope, no pets!
13) One place you’ve never been that you want to visit?
I'll cheat and say Europe.
14) What inspired you to start your blog?
Well, I originally started my blog as a segue from doing YouTube videos. I ended up blogging almost entirely about nail polish!
15) What are some of the most useful things you’ve learned about since you started blogging?
Be honest! But, you don't have to be cruel or hateful or nasty when you're being honest. And let your personality show through! This should be something you are passionate about.
16) Favourite Season?
Fall
17) What do you use to take your blog photos? What type of computer?
A Canon PowerShot point and shoot, and my trusty Gateway.
18) What genre of movies/books do you like?
Almost everything in movies, as well as books - except I'm not really into westerns in film or print. I am pretty partial to historical fiction!
19) Other hobbies or events that you’re involved in?
Well, I do read a lot, and I like to cook.
20) Most unique eyeshadow you own?
Either Urban Decay Lounge, or Fyrinnae Velvet Vampire.
21) Most unique lip product?
I don't actually use a lot of lip products, so nothing stands out to me. 
22) Favourite colour combinations?
Brown and pink or brown and aqua.
23) Favourite piece of jewelry? Why is it your favourite?
A chunky square obnoxiously large turquoise ring that I wear on my index finger. I think it's because it's the real deal, heavy duty hammered silver and chunky turquoise.
24) Best drugstore product you’ve tried?
Hmm, probably that Revlon quick dry top coat I've become addicted to.
25) Random fact you'd like to share about yourself?
I hate licorice.
26) Favourite Nail Polish Brand and why?
China Glaze, far and away. They consistently make unique colors and finishes and I love the formula.
China Glaze Flying Dragon polish- by Nightly Nails
27) Most unique polish you own, why?
Orly Space Cadet. Multichrome magic! It's stunning, so many colors in one bottle.
28) Favourite polish colour to wear?
Green!
29) What are the best top coat, base coat, treatments you’ve tried for your nails?
Not everything works for everyone - my best base coat is OPI Natural Nail, my best treatment has been Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment in Growth, and my favorite top coats are Revlon Quick Dry top coat and CND Air Dry.
30) What is your favourite finish of polish? (ie. Cream, holographic, matte, etc.) 
Jelly!

Thanks so much Nicole! Green is my favourite colour too, followed closely by both blue and purple! Check out Nicole further on Nightly Nails!

2 comments:

  1. Fun read! I hate licorice too. I despise it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview with Niki. She's a definite sweetheart! I watched her on YouTube and followed her right over to her blog. She's a very giving person and wonderful writer. Gorgeous nails and fantastic pictures of those pretty nails. Love her so much. Thanks for a good interview.

    ReplyDelete