Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting to Know Me from a Blog Award

I've been tagged by Varnish Vixen for this blog award, my very first! I'm fairly sure the Spanish translates to Your Blog Enchants Me, but I could be wrong! lol, so here are the questions.

1. Why did you create the blog?
Honestly, because I felt like I had something to contribute. I love helping other people out, it makes me feel good and giving advice and ideas about something I love is a small state of bliss for me! I like making people do better for themselves as well, plus I like to talk, a lot! A cosmetics blog was just the perfect fit! Plus I could work on my writing skills as well as giving myself something entertaining to do when I was ill (which I was for over a month when I started).

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
So many! You can see my ever growing list at the bottom of the page but mostly I follow cosmetics, nail polish and the odd photography blog. On top of that I follow a fanfiction (stories fans write about their favourite books with those characters) blog or two as well. (There are some AMAZING fanfiction authors out there!)

3. Do you have a favourite make-up brand?
I have some that I like more than others but there isn't one that stands above all the rest for me. I find many brands have a couple great items but there isn't one brand that has really blown me away and kept my attention strong yet! Plus, I change my mind a lot so a favourite one month won't be the next!

4. A favourite clothing brand?
Honestly, at the risk of having rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I'm not a clothes person. I'm a jeans and baby tee girl I'm not gonna lie, though there are some items that really grab my attention. Le Chateau is probably my favourite for formal wear.

5. What make-up products are essential for you?
Oh wow. This could get long quick! I'd have to say a good primer, foundation, concealer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Wet n' Wild's Color Icon single eyeshadow in Brule for covering eye discolouration. I really don't like to leave the house in anything less! (Though this week I have twice because my alarm went off late and I was late for class. Those were concealer only days, ugh.)

6. What's your favourite colour?
This is so easy for me! Hunter Green. The colour of haunted forests and medieval dresses. I love love love dark green (in fact I'm constantly on the look out for more despite having at least four green eyeshadows and nail polishes already!)

7. What's your favourite perfume?
Benefit's Your Place or Mine Gina. I bought this bottle before I found out Benefit was an animal testing company (that says they aren't but they test their ingredients on animals, just not the final products). I still have quite a bit left and I LOVE the sweet scent of it. It's the only perfume to date I've smelled that hasn't made me either have trouble breathing, or given me a killer headache. So I'm on the lookout for a creulty-free option still. (Recommendations are greatly appreciated!)

8. What's the film you liked the most?
This is almost impossible! But I'm going to have to say Pride and Prejudice. The one with Kiera Knightly. Such a good movie, such a good book and Mr. Darcy when he smiles *fans self*.

9. What countries would you like to go to?
I adore traveling and I believe traveling is one of the most educational and mind opening experiences there is. So here's my list (in no particular order just what pops in my mind first!): Greece, Italy (Rome and Venice specifically!), Egypt, South Africa, Brazil (Amazon River!), Costa Rica, Golapagos Islands, Hawaii, Australia, Madagascar, Ireland, Russia, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Amsterdam, Germany, Mexico, France, New Zealand, gosh I could go on! And I'd like to go to the places I've already been again too!
(Scotland, England, U.S.A., Tanzania, Caribbean Islands- Curaco, St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Aruba)

Tagging onward!
Here's who I'm passing the love onwards to! (Only three because I'm lazy and I've actually chatted with these girls!)

Miss Diorista
My Lips But Better
EvermoreImmortal 118

4 comments:

  1. Noooooo! Collin Firth is sex on a stick! The A&E one wins my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very difficult to choose between the two But I ended up liking Kiera as Lizzy better and Jane better so the newer one won (but not by much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only seeing this now - thanks so much for tagging me! I will put this up as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete