Friday, October 8, 2010

Passed the 100 Post Mark

Image Source
The Sephora for OPI holiday collection was my 100th post on this blog. So, just for interests sake I've got some interesting facts about Hebridean Sprite Beauty Blog.


  1. This blog came into being when finally decided I needed to do something to occupy myself while I was ill last summer. It was between a blog and a youtube channel, I'm extremely glad I chose the blog. I can hear the dreaded ums, and pauses that could have been. Ugh. The official start date was May 31st, 2010.
  2. The most expensive item I've reviewed thus far has been the hair removal system Silk'n SensEpil. The least expensive was the very first item I reviewed, NYC Ultra Moist Lipstick in Wild Orchid, which was a nice $1.99 CND. It still is one of my favourite smelling lipsticks.
  3. This is not my first adventure into writing, though it is my first adventure into extended non-fiction writing. Before I had written fantasy novels, and fanficiton.
  4. When I first started I couldn't really be bothered doing my nails, now I can hardly wait till my polish chips so I can apply another one. (My current reigning favourite is Nubar Gem).
  5. I insist on spelling the Canadian way in my posts despite my US-english spell checker consistently telling me I'm spelling it incorrectly. Chances are I still am.
  6. Most posts get updated at least once after they've been posted live. This is most often because I've forgotten information, the pictures messed up in formatting, my sentences don't make sense or any of these in combination.
  7. Most of my pictures are taken with my iphone because I can use it one handed. My digital SLR takes two hands which is impossible to do when taking pictures of yourself or your nails. I have been attempting to improve picture quality though by asking other bloggers what they do or use for lighting.
  8. I've learned most people don't like to answer polls. I guess I'm strange because I've always enjoyed doing so.
  9. The counter at the bottom of the page doesn't count page views, but instead the number of different computers who have visited the page that day. Today it passed 2000. Whoot!
  10. The main visitors of the blog come from Canada, the USA, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia and Spain. However, there has been visits from all corners of the world except the Arctics. This includes all the way down in Chile in South America; Hawaii and Anchorage Alaska USA; St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada; Kandalaksha Russia, Cape Town South Africa, Auckland New Zealand; a plethora of Asian countries heck I could go on and on and on. If you're interested click on the revolver map at the bottom of the page then hold your mouse over any of the spots. The town and country with their flag will pop up. Ever since I got the map I've checked it daily and am constantly surprised by which new countries have visited recently (today was Guam, and Martinique).
  11. The most popular post to date is Mac A Tartan Tale Sneak Peak with 431 page views. True Blood a look at Pam's Cosmetics has the most comments (7-> 4 of which are my responses).
  12. I really got into blogging because I was researching the Clarisonic for my acne over Google and found Make-Up Alley. Because of the wonderful people on there and the countless chats I've been in since, I've fallen in love with cosmetics, nail polish and skin care. (My username is naturegerbil on there is anyone is interested).
  13. I have yet to get one e-mail regarding my blog from readers
  14. I have 9 followers (not including the automatic addition of myself when I created the facebook option). I've looked at everyones profile at least once and have literally jumped for joy with each new addition.
  15. Every day I'm falling more and more in love with blogging!
So if you're a reader, a fellow blogger, or just a passerby, thanks for visiting and taking the time to read what I've written. I'm finding Blogging makes my life just that much richer and if I can cause someone to smile or learn some small tidbit of information than I'm truly glad. Hopefully, I can continue only to get better in the coming future!
As always, any questions or comments feel free to leave a comment below or send me an e-mail, I'd be happy to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You must be so proud!
    I have the exact same issue with the dSLR - it takes such good pictures but holding it up to take pictures of myself is a major arm workout. If you do any swatches at home though a tripod is invaluable.
    Anyway, keep it up! I'm relatively new to your blog but I want to read MORE o_o.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much for both the kind words and the advice! I don't have a tripod but I really think I'm going to start looking into one. It sounds perfect! I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog! *hug*

    ReplyDelete