Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sephora Friends and Family Event

For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is the beginning of Sephora's semi-annual Friends & Family sale. EDIT: IT'S STARTED! and goes until November 3rd. Everything online is 20% with the code FF2010. Be sure to get you ebates too for an extra 3.5% cash back. Unfortunately this is only available to Americans so unless you have an address or a friend in the states you can ship to us Canadians won't be able to participate. 
(Psst, I've heard there may be a VIB coupon for 20% in a couple weeks, but it might just be a rumour)

Many people plan out their list before hand and place the items they want in their carts on the site so that they can checkout right away, as items tend to go out of stock rather quickly during this sale. People especially stock up on staples during the sale so be sure to get those first if you're going to take part!

For interests sake I've added 10 items available at Sephora. They are my potential list and some of my Sephora staples, or items I've recently purchased (but haven't recieved/tried out!), I've also added in some current lemmings of mine. (I have a relative that lives in the states so I ship to her so some of these may actually become a credit card indent :D)
(Clicking any and all images below will take you to the Sephora site)

1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance: Staple item- TFSI really prevents eyeshadow creasing and you don't need very much at all!
Eye Shadow by Too Faced at ShopStyle


2. Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel: A staple, and on my list. With salicylic acid I put this gel on daily to stop breakouts beneath my make-up
Face Oil/Blemish Control by Murad at ShopStyle


3. Nars Penny Lane Cream Blush: I really want this blush! A light brown-pink it's very neutral and pretty and with the cream to powder formula won't feel greasy on! (I may have to ask for it for christmas though as I'm running low on cash at the moment, thank goodness this is part of the permanent line!) (P.s. the picture does NOT show the Penny Lane shade unfortunately, but it does bring you to the Sephora page of NARS blushes. Sorry!) Click Here to go to Karla Sugar's blog swatches of some of the Nars cream blushes including Penny Lane and Cactus Flower (the shade shown below!)
Face Blush by NARS at ShopStyle


4. Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30: I've heard great things about this sunscreen, but didn't want to pay full price! So this is the perfect time to try it. I believe it's important to put on sunscreen everyday to prevent signs of aging but I need something that sinks in completely with no residue or greasy feel left over. I use Neutrogena's Water Light sunscreen beneath my make-up most days now (click the link for my review), but I don't like it around my eye area as my eyes are super sensitive and sting with the Neutrogena one. I've hear this is wonderful though for that reason so I'm hopeful this will be the one for my eyes (as as eyes need sun protection the most in my opinion). Anyone tried it? If you have please leave me a comment at the bottom of the post, I'd love to hear your views!
Eyes Fine Lines & Wrinkles by Clarins at ShopStyle


5.  Sephora OPI nail polish in Only Gold For Me: List item! This polish I think would look great over a red or orange for a neat autumn inspired nail and will be perfect for the upcoming holiday season too. I may also snag Merry Me as well! :D

Nail Polish by Sephora at ShopStyle


6. Blinc Kiss Me Mascara: List Item: I recently got it elsewhere but originally it was on the list! I love tubing mascara. My favourite is Clinique's Lash Power for it's unsmudgable nature, but I wanted to try another brand and cult favourite and see how it compared. Blinc's sees to be a winner from various accounts so I'm hoping it lives up to Lash Power's longevity!

Mascara by Blinc at ShopStyle


7. Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette in Place Vendome: *Drool* This was on my lemming list a while ago and I still want it! Super expensive so 20% would certainly help out it will drop from the horrifying $84 USD to a frightful but not as much as before $67.20 USD. There are five different palettes total with different shades, they may be more your style if this one doesn't strike your fancy, but gah. So pretty! *Grabby fingers*

Eye Shadow by Guerlain at ShopStyle


8. Too Faced Pixie Pin-Ups Palette: Can we say stunning! Six great shades and a TFSI makes me crave this. Such a good deal if you can get this during the sale (I have a feeling they're gonna run out of these quick!) Too Faced has some other great holiday kits out that are perfect for any season so be sure to check them out too.

Makeup by Too Faced at ShopStyle


9. TheBalm TimeBalm Anti-wrinkle Concealer: No idea about the anti-wrinkle ingredients but I've heard wonderful things about this concealer for undereye circles. If you suffer from dark bruise-like undereyes like I do you know the appeal of a pigmented, non creasing concealer. This concealer is said to be this way. I personally can't wait to try it because as much as I love Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for this job Laura Mercier's is much four dollars more for less than half the amount of product. I'm hoping this is a winner!

Eyes Concealer/Shadow Base by TheBalm at ShopStyle


10. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer: Staple! i used this over the summer on my trip to Africa and this stuff rocks! It has the pigmentation of a sheer foundation, looks dewy and youthful on, doesn't cause me to breakout, and has an SPF of 20. The only downside is the price. I match Porcelain (the lightest shade) but there are ten shades in all and considering how easily this stuff blends I think these will cover most skin tones. (I swear I'll do a better review soon, I keep getting distracted by other flashier items!)

Face Tinted Moisturizers by Laura Mercier at ShopStyle


That's all folks! Well unless you endanger my bank balance by telling me all the things you're planning to pick up!

1 comment:

  1. Can't decide if I am going to participate in this yet...decision, decisions!

    ReplyDelete