Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Illamasqua Unique Polish Trio Released

(Note: Link on photo above does NOT work. Click Here Instead.)
 The three nail polishes that Illamasqua has been raving about from their unique nail polish colour competition is finally for sale. Three very different colours were chosen as the finalists, Eclipse, Raindrops, and Shrapnel. Below is a little bit about all three colours and the Illamasqua colour swatches.

Shrapnel: Shrapnel is described as a Rose Copper Chrome, with a metallic finish. To me this is the least interesting of the three (I'm not fond of browns on my nails) but I may change my mind when swatches start coming out on nail blogs. I also really dislike the name, of the polish. It's too gruesome for my tastes, and makes me feel kind of sick when I think about it. Here's the winning entry description: "I have NEVER found my dream nail colour, a pink based metallic copper, like a shiny new penny- pure sex!"- Loren, Toronto, Canada
If they had named the polish polished penny, I'd probably be more open to the colour.

Raindrops: My personal favourite of the bunch, raindrops reminds me of rainy Scotland days and cloudy skies. In the bottle pictures it almost looks like it has a blue or even mint green undertone but Illamasqua describes it as a sheer light grey with a jelly finish. I'll be interested to see how this compares with the other light greys and blue-greys out there like Eyeko's Rain Polish. The winning entry it great really picturesque in my humble opinion. "Inspired by a photograph I took from the monorail in Seattle, through the rain on the window you glimpse the Seattle Space Needle. I want a polish that looks like raindrops on my fingernails. A light, creamy grey with the sheerest silver glimmer, lightly reflective... like a raindrop."- Ann, California, USA

Eclipse: Lastly we've got the evocative and mysterious Eclipse. Described as an Inky purple blue, with a shimmer finish, I think this one seems to be widely available already, it reminds me of Nars Midnight Express, or possibly a purpler Chanel Paradoxial. I'm hoping once I see swatches it will come into its own, making it's uniqueness apparent. 
"My dream colour is a deep blue-purple with greyish undertones inspired by a lunar eclipse, it has a feeling of concealment like hidden sin."- Dami, Essex, UK.

All polishes are on the Illamasqua site for 13 British Pounds. What do you think, any of these you're interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment